Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Penny For Your Thoughts



That old saying is never more true than nowadays.  I bet I get a survey a day in my personal inbox asking me to rate my last experience.  Looking at my person email now, there is one from United, Hilton, Hertz, Massage Envy and Starbucks and those are just in the last week.  And guess what, I took every single one of them! 

Why, you might ask?!  Not simply because they asked, but because everyone is gauging customer experience right now.  Companies know that they can win and lose a customer with one experience.  If people ONLY take the survey when things go wrong, how can companies know what is happening that is right?  All of these surveys were answered in a positive manner because I had a positive experience for each.  Was everything perfect for each, no…but I gave feedback on that as well.  Does Hertz in Fargo know that the return process is not well marked or understood?  If they didn’t hear it before, they heard it now.  But, if me, or someone else, didn’t take the time to them that, would they ever know?  Would it ever change?  Would people who rented from Hertz this time think that another option is better next time?

I also like to think that ideation starts with a spark.  In a recent survey of our travelers, we heard things that made us think differently about our internal customers and what they deal with everyday…and that’s awesome.  I love the idea of people sharing their thoughts and ideas with the companies or products that they use frequently.  Use the open spaces and share with them what you want to see. 

Gotta run because I just got another survey to complete.  So if I can impart anything, take the survey and keep going! 

No comments:

Post a Comment