Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Drivers License Day

Today, my oldest daughter passed her behind the wheel test, alas, she is an official driver.  On the way home from her test, I told I would be driving because she needed to listen.  I told her:

1 - The license does not mean freedom, it means responsibility.  It means she is now responsible for herself, anyone in the car and the people on the road with her.
2 - Even the best drivers in the world are only as good as the people on the road with them.  You have to be on guard all the time and understand what's going on around you. 
3 - Independence is earned and can be taken away as quickly as it's given. 
4 - We all have heard a story about an inexperienced driver, who, through no fault of their own, was involved in an accident and something tragic happened.  Accidents happen...

I wrote this blog for a couple of reasons.  I wanted to make sure I tell my other two kids the exact same things when we drive away from the DMV in the years to come!  Also driving is a privilege that I myself take for granted.  This post is a reminder to me of all the things I do, day in and day out, because I earned them. 

Time to call the insurance guy and knowing that I am making his day more profitable, I keep going! 





No comments:

Post a Comment