Tuesday, July 31, 2018

Steps That Will Make a Difference


Some know I am getting ready to send my oldest daughter off to college.  Lots of things come into play with that readiness, but the one that I hate is getting her ready for that big world where not everyone is your friend and not everyone can be trusted.  Sadly, we have spent a number of family dinners talking about the horrendous topic of human trafficking and I’m asking my readers to join me in putting one foot in front of the other to help.


This year at the GBTA annual convention, we are partnering with ECPAT-USA and American Airlines to raise money and awareness of the epidemic that is taking over the country, human trafficking.  According to ECPAT-USA, 1.2 million children are trafficked every year.  This inaugural 5K will work to bring awareness and raise funds for this issue which has deep implications for the business travel industry. 


Here is your call to action, I invite anyone attending the convention to join me in making a difference, one step at a time and walk or run the inaugural 5k with me on Sunday, August 12.  Registration information can be found at this link.  If you can’t be there Sunday morning, you can still make a donation to the event. 


Now, my personal commitment – for every 100 people registered, I will donate an additional $100 to the event.  So, 100 registered walkers/runners = $100, 200 registered walkers/runners = $200…you get the picture. 


Please help to be a part of the solution.  My hope is that by the time my youngest goes off to college, we won’t have to have the same dinner table conversations because our industry stepped up and made a difference. 

No comments:

Post a Comment