Wednesday, May 17, 2017

Rainbow Stew

There is an old Merle Haggard song that was first released in 1981 called "Rainbow Stew."  I think about it often when sustainability discussions begin.  I wonder what The Hag would think about things these days?  Here are some lines from the song that make you think about what has changed in the with my commentary:

When they find out how to burn water, - Haven't see that one yet. 
And the gasoline car is gone. - It's on the horizon. 
When an airplane flies without any fuel - Well, not NO fuel, but they are working on it. 
And the sunlight heats our home. - Many are doing this now. 
When a President goes through the White House door,
An' does what he says he'll do. - Not sure how to comment on this one! 
We'll all be drinkin' that free bubble up
And eatin' that rainbow stew.

Yes, I am a fan of old country music and I laugh when I think about how in 1981, people were singing this song thinking none of it would ever happen, that these things were never possible.  I don't give any of the credit to the sustainability efforts to The Hag but I am going to pay attention to the lyrics of today's music to see if there is a hidden gem in there I can work on for the next 36 years....then again, probably not.  

To those out there trying to make our world better, keep going!  I am excited to see what the next 36 years will bring!  

No comments:

Post a Comment