Wednesday, January 11, 2017

What Lies Ahead

I know I am not the only one looking to the next few months with a very keen eye.  With the new administration, people are wondering how our country will change or if it will change at all. 

From the travel side, I am reading articles about how the new administration will be business friendly.  How the stimulus packages will help drive business development.  How the new administration's focus on keeping and creating jobs in the US.  How the Pres-Elect is focused on infrastructure improvements in airports and aviation security. 

So if I believed everything I read, I would think the Golden Age of Business Travel is upon us.  Companies will be making more money, thus spending more on travel.  Suppliers will be benefiting from programs that help to make them financially profitable.  Travelers will be safer than ever before.

Then, I remember that I live in a world with other people.  People who are set on doing the unspeakable.  (Fort Lauderdale, Orlando, Paris)  Companies who are going to falter and collapse and people will lose their jobs.  So while I look ahead to the next few months, I choose not to look at it with fear or delight, I choose to look at it with an open mind, a watchful eye and a trained ear. 

2017...the year we all keep going! 


2 comments:

  1. A positive outlook and insightful. Thanks Rita and all the best in 2017!
    Regards, Michael Jacques www.flightsayer.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rita, I love the way you write, and what you write about. Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete