Friday, September 4, 2015

Cold Call Email Etiquette



 Last week I received an email that said, “Hello Mr. Turner.”  I had to look to ensure it was meant for me and yes, it was!  It was sent to my email address and not in BCC fashion.  

In this world of automated cold calls and auto email distribution lists, I get that this happens, but the impact can be treacherous for the person sending the note and the company that they represent. I get it that most of the time, these are being sent by an automated tool, but what happened to being diligent and testing these tools?

I didn't reply to this email because it wasn't addressed to me.  I also looked at the company website and made a mental note about it for the future when we are looking for suppliers in that field so I can make sure they are not involved. 

So, when you are out cold calling, make sure your tools and products are doing what you ask them to do, create a positive experience for the recipient that it leaves them wanting to know more about you and your company, as opposed to getting put on a list of another sort.  

Keep going folks, its worth it! 

No comments:

Post a Comment