Tuesday, June 30, 2015

Attention Deficit Alert

I don't know about you, but I don't have hours, even minutes of free time sitting available to me.  So, I take advantage of every second of my day.  I am a multi-tasker and most would consider that a good thing.  I realize, however, that sometimes its not! 

This morning, I woke up and like normal, turned on the TV to see the breaking news stories of the day.  I watch coverage of the hot topics and then slowly fade off into the rest of my day.  I see the quick hits and nothing more.

The other night, I found myself "reading" the Sunday paper.  By reading, I mean scanning the titles for word that might interest me and when I did find something, I only read until it didn't interest me anymore. 


I am a product of my surroundings in that if something goes on too long, or if I lose my interest for even 20 seconds, I may be lost for good!  We live in the age of quick sound bites and short messages.  A place where a picture on Instagram tells the story we need to know.  Where 140 characters (I know, its more than that now) is all that's needed to get the word out. 

My lesson of the day, when I communicate:
  • Use bullet points when possible
  • Use short sentences
  • Do it sound bites
  • Add a picture and remove some of the words
Keep learning, keep going.



No comments:

Post a Comment