Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Wisdom From a Nine Year Old

During our weekly house cleaning on Saturday morning, the three kids were bickering about who had to do what.  My youngest daughter, 9 years old but wise beyond her years, looked at her older brother and said, "No one gets anywhere in life by just sitting around, so get up and do something!" 


It was then that I thought, "Now there is a girl who gets it!"  She knows that for years to come, she is going to have to work for things she wants.  Today it might be a sleepover at a friends, but tomorrow it might be that dream job. 

I hear about kids who don't have chores, who don't know what hard work is all about, who have the world handed to them and I think, "Someone might have to hire them someday or worse yet, marry them!" 

Trust, there are times I am telling to my kids to "get up and do something" because they are kids.  There are times that her brother is telling her to get to work!  There are times they are telling me to get to work....that's human nature, but we all know what hard work is and when the work is done, we feel great about it.  So, while working hard as a wife, mother, employee and volunteer, I'll keep going.  

No comments:

Post a Comment