Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Problem Solving



Last week I saw a picture on Facebook of a man and his grown son working hard on an outside project.  (I am proud to say have known both of these men since I was little and physical labor is nothing new to them!)  They were moving a piece of a wall with old fashioned ingenuity and strength.  I can tell you that neither of them went to Pinterest, Google or YouTube to figure out how to do it.  They looked at the goods and materials they had at their disposal and figured it out.  Sure, they may have been more creative ways to do this, but they got the job done. 

How many times do you try to figure something out and instead of looking around, you look down?  You look at an app, a video or board with suggestions on how to fix the problem.  Trust me, I think finding new ways to do things is fun and exciting, but let’s not forget that thinking and ingenuity have solved problems or created solutions for years. 

My call to action this week, next time you need to solve a problem, take a few minutes and just think about it like the men I referenced above did.  The greatest thinkers of our time created remarkable tools and solutions on their own and I believe most of you can do exactly the same thing!  In pondering the next best thing, I keep going!

No comments:

Post a Comment