Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Battery light



I was running around this morning to find all my cords because my batteries were low.  My phone was down to 8%, my tablet at 2%, my blue tooth was red and my office headset was beeping at me.  Then I thought, what if we all had our own battery light. 

Would we have an LCD monitor on our foreheads that told us when we needed to be rejuvenated?  Who would monitor that and how long would the battery last?  If I completed a great workout at the gym, would it make my battery light go up because I did something good for me or down because of the energy I exerted in the workout?  Would an hour long snuggle on the couch with my kids or husband make my light soar to green?!

Personally speaking, I do NOT want to know my expiration date!!  However, maybe it would be good if there was a service that reminded us to recharge our own batteries.  To step away from the madness in our lives and simply live.  Sure, there are times my body tells me slow down and sometimes I even listen!  Interestingly opposite to the technology platforms I was needing to charge this morning, when I feel my battery light getting low…instead of plugging in, I unplug!  I might sit, walk, run, dance, sing, read, cook, clean, laugh, cry, eat, drink, any number of things.  Isn’t it interesting that none of the things on this list have a cord or a battery light.  

My internal power source is family, friends, laughter and fun.  Would be great if my devices would charge each time I laugh.  That would force me to remember what is really important in life...with that, I keep going.  

No comments:

Post a Comment