Tuesday, July 30, 2019

Why Rita Visser

In less than a week, I will stand on stage in front of my peers in the industry and ask for their vote to represent them on the Global Business Travel Association Board of Directors.  In doing that, I think there are few things you should know about me that may help you make the decision.


1 - My family means the world to me.  What does that have to do anything we are talking about?  NOTHING, but I wanted it clear who comes first. 
2 - I work for Oracle and am blessed to have been with the company for 15 years (25 if you count the years I was with them on the agency side).  I have held a number of roles within the organization and I have an amazing team of people I get to work with everyday. 
3 - I LOVE this industry.  I love that in one minute I am talking about the new aircraft coming up, next I am talking about how connected cars are the future, then I move into a conversation on how online booking tools are evolving to meet the needs of travelers and end on how hotel inventory challenges in a certain city will impact the company!  That's all in one day!  Having been in this industry for 25 years....did I just type that?...I like to think I know something about almost everything but still have so much to learn. 
4 - I never start a project I can't finish.  Which is why I decided to run again.  There is work to be completed and I want to see initiatives through to completion. 
5 - I am a strategist.  I am the person in the room asking the, "then what?" question.  If people don't have an answer for the "then what?", I love working with them to create the "then what."  I enjoy thinking beyond what is now and I believe that will serve well on the Board of Directors.  GBTA is evolving and I can see the "then what" and want to work to get the association, the industry and most importantly, my peers to that place. 


I hope this has helped you to know more about me, convinced you to #VoteforVisser and that you are inclined to wear the ribbon below and support my journey.  If you have questions or would like to chat about anything, I am always available, so please reach out.  In the meantime, as always, I keep going. 


No comments:

Post a Comment