Tuesday, November 3, 2015

Did I Miss Something?

I will be the first to admit, I am getting older and I guess, thankfully, we all are!  However, I think I may have missed something and I might chalk it up to my age. 

Saturday night, I went to bed with visions of ghost and goblins running through neighborhoods and Sunday morning, All Saints Day by the way, I wake up to find November has been removed from the calendar, it is all of a sudden, Christmas. 

Imagine a calendar year without All Saints Day, All Souls Day, Veteran's Day, Opening Day (all the hunters will know what that is!), Thanksgiving Day and Boxing Day (for my Canadian friends).  How did we magically, overnight, move into Christmas? 

Have retailers taken it upon themselves to remove the monthly entirely?  Have they been given the authority to dust these other very important days aside in order to start selling, selling, selling? 

In my house, we do celebrate All Saints Day, All Souls Day, Veterans Day, Opening Day and Thanksgiving.  We look forward to Christmas, but it starts the first Sunday of Advent.  Trust, I have started shopping, but it's because I shop all year round.  If I find something that is perfect for someone, I get it....that doesn't means Christmas has started...it means I am a planner. 

My family is holding tight to the page of the calendar and NOT letting it go into the trash.  We will treasure the days of November and ask that you do the same.  While still going, we are also trying to slow things down! 

No comments:

Post a Comment