Tuesday, March 17, 2015

The Human Race

I didn't blog last week because I was disappointed in the human race.  Note, we were coming off of the horrendous actions by the fraternity in Oklahoma and a bullying effort around an overweight person dancing and someone making fun of them on Facebook.  

Anytime people publicly go after another person (be it their race, reputation, gender, sexuality, you name it) they are bringing down their fellow human being.  Now, don't get me wrong, lively competition is great and I support it anytime, anywhere.  But maliciousness, name calling, back handed commentary is not competition!  It's done in a effort to hurt someone or their reputation and it accomplishes nothing! 

So, for those who want to partake in those types of activities, think before you act.  I always tell my kids, if what you say and do cannot be put on Facebook/Instagam for everyone to see, then it shouldn't be said or done!

Today, I will look for a four-leaf clover in hopes that my St. Paddy's wish comes true, and that is, that we all act with respect and honesty in our actions and in our words and as always, keep going! 

No comments:

Post a Comment