Sunday, February 9, 2014

I'm a Belizer!

I am not a good vacationer.  I very rarely can sit in one place and have things done for me.  I like to be moving and doing things all the time.  That could be working, cooking, cleaning, coaching, watching sports, etc!  Even in church on Sunday morning, I am doing things all the time.  Last week, I went to the dark side.  I took a full week off and with a great group of friends (no kids), traveled to San Pedro Island, Belize.  It was AMAZING! We rented a house on the beach with two amazing caretakers.  We snorkeled, swam, fished, ate, gambled, danced and shared a cocktail or two. 

Now don't get me wrong, I have taken time off before, but never completely unplugged for a week!  Sure, I read the "Urgent" emails and the ones that you have to read when you know you are away, but nothing more than that.  Is my inbox a horrible disaster?  YES!  Will it all get resolved in time?  I am sure it will.  Did I love vacation?  Yes.  Was a ready to come home?  Absolutely, I missed my kids horribly!  Will I do it again?  Sure. 

In a week, I became a Belizer and know that someday I will return.  Until then, I better get back to work and, as ever, keep going! 



No comments:

Post a Comment