Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Tax free days??

As we sit in day two of the government shut down, I wonder about some things:
1 - If they aren't working, does this mean we have a tax break until they get back into the swing?  I certainly think that during these times we should be able to take advantage of the savings because the taxes are going to pay for anything.  Can we, as companies, ask for the federal taxes back that we paid on airline tickets, hotels, car rentals back?  (Look for an upcoming post on taxes and fees in travel!)
2 - Does this mean that for two days (and counting) I can work tax free?  How will my tax forms look at the end of the year?  Unchanged, I am sure, but would be nice to get credit for the days I worked when they aren't working!
3 - What about those not working?  Does the US government pay unemployment?  Wait...that is probably another government entity not working...how odd is that??

Anyway, I will get back to work, because its my job and wish that others would do the same because that is what we elected them to do. 

No comments:

Post a Comment