Thursday, July 18, 2013

Pessimist?


In a recent article, I was called a pessimist of open booking.  Let me set the record straight.  I am not pessimistic about open bookings.  I believe that for some programs it works and for others, it doesn’t.  For a program like ours, its not needed.  We have good compliance and rates that are tough to beat in the open marketplace.  I have talked to many people looking at open bookings and I have never told any of them it wouldn’t work.  I simply gave them the reasons why we are not currently engaging in the process.  

There are things I AM pessimistic about; Vikings winning the Superbowl (please prove me wrong...just once!), that I will become a fan of humidity and that I will become a world class water skier.  Outside of those, I live a pretty optimistic life! 

No comments:

Post a Comment